Sunday, July 15, 2012

Just messing around....

Sometimes you just want to sew,  just want to finish something, quick, easy, and pretty!  Some of us in the KCMQG have been working on our sewing machine covers.  I love Empty Bobbin's pattern because you make your cover to fit your machine exactly.  It was fun and quick and easy and I think pretty!

This fabric is "Groovy Leaves" from Adornit.  Great fabric.  I am really pleased with how this turned out and I am hopeful it will keep my machine healthy.  I liked it so much that I decided I needed to make a mini for my little featherweight.

I found some lime/acid green Alexander Henry owl fabric with a little Kona and ended up with this


I love this little thing!  The pattern included a tip on how to adapt the cover for a small machine.  I made a few changes myself but it turned out great.  Now I can get this machine out of the stinky old case it usually lives in.


Art Gallery fabrics, one of my favorites, has developed the "Fat Quarter Gang".  You can read about them on the Art Gallery Fabrics blog and in their goup on Flickr.  Each member of the gang develops a tutorial of a project that is made with AGF.  Maureen Cracknell Handmade posted her tut on quilted pillow shams and I just had to make it.

Maureen made hers out of the new Lillybelle collection but I don't have any of that.  I have a tub of AGF in my room so I dug in there and came up with 12 coordinating fat quarters, some batting remnants and muslin and I was ready to go.

How easy to add some color to the couch or your bedroom.  How fun to make a couple of these to go with that quilt you are giving as a gift?  Only 10 fat quarters to make two shams.

So these were my weekend finishes.  Fun easy projects that I could finish in a weekend!  Hope you made something fun this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment